Update 10: Ready for buffing [06.10.2017]

All In-Game-Updates and their contents will be announced inside here.
Pharcyde
In-game chars: Pharcyde (Guild Leader), Mykal (MAIN)

06.10.2017 - 14:37

I mostly enjoy the social aspect and community here. I've tried other servers and had a lot of fun with them but at the end of the day, nebula is all I look forward to. I don't care that everything is "easy" here. I only care that I enjoy the people.

Brainodo
In-game chars: Brainissimo

06.10.2017 - 14:50

[quote=Pharcyde post_id=617 time=1507293449 user_id=120]
I mostly enjoy the social aspect and community here. I've tried other servers and had a lot of fun with them but at the end of the day, nebula is all I look forward to. I don't care that everything is "easy" here. I only care that I enjoy the people.
[/quote]

This is for sure is the most important point undepending of the game itself.

Pinkatari
In-game chars: Nerobi, Poc, Tweone, Mepia

06.10.2017 - 17:02

[quote=Brainodo post_id=615 time=1507291577 user_id=87]
ok no prob. at all cause I can resume playing at Basilik. But I can no see the fun if you have several great proffesions which are here completely useless.
With "great" loot you kill the crafting profession with the frog chef, medic, doctor and if you put in the Jedi as big farmchar .. the rest. So you say this is fun?
And where is the fun in having a lot of combat prof? You can play only one char at the time. ( I mean play not having a farmbot online). So if you have all your chars and there is nothing you need what are you doing then? Enjoying 15years old graphic?
Obviously we have a diffrent understanding from having fun.
[/quote]

More fun on basilisk?
jedi grind one box xp a week and losing it cause of bh. most will never level their jedi. changing your build, forget about that!
krayt gy kill stealing , nightsister kill stealing, geo cave, etc. all camped, no chance of getting any of that loot for crafting, those people control the marketplace as well making it less fun for most other crafters.
long shuttle wait times are fun, I love standing around for 4 minutes all day long.
unarmed IV. lmao
leveling crafting professions at 78 xp per
everyone is a bot

the frog buff will be less desirable as it is getting reduced and most items from all crafting profs. are still necessary. I think most people that craft are doing it because they enjoy the crafting.
This reminds me of the people on wow saying vanilla was the best, no...it wasn't.

Vorgge
SWGNebula Staff
In-game chars: Vorgge (Admin-only), Copi

06.10.2017 - 17:31

Every person has its own opinion about things, and thats totaly fine. If brainodo likes the vanilla-way more, thats okay. But my opinion, is the same as pinkatari's and the others. Thats why I started nebula at all :)

Brainodo
In-game chars: Brainissimo

06.10.2017 - 20:04

[quote=Pinkatari post_id=621 time=1507302149 user_id=144]
[quote=Brainodo post_id=615 time=1507291577 user_id=87]
ok no prob. at all cause I can resume playing at Basilik. But I can no see the fun if you have several great proffesions which are here completely useless.
With "great" loot you kill the crafting profession with the frog chef, medic, doctor and if you put in the Jedi as big farmchar .. the rest. So you say this is fun?
And where is the fun in having a lot of combat prof? You can play only one char at the time. ( I mean play not having a farmbot online). So if you have all your chars and there is nothing you need what are you doing then? Enjoying 15years old graphic?
Obviously we have a diffrent understanding from having fun.
[/quote]

More fun on basilisk?
jedi grind one box xp a week and losing it cause of bh. most will never level their jedi. changing your build, forget about that!
krayt gy kill stealing , nightsister kill stealing, geo cave, etc. all camped, no chance of getting any of that loot for crafting, those people control the marketplace as well making it less fun for most other crafters.
long shuttle wait times are fun, I love standing around for 4 minutes all day long.
unarmed IV. lmao
leveling crafting professions at 78 xp per
everyone is a bot

the frog buff will be less desirable as it is getting reduced and most items from all crafting profs. are still necessary. I think most people that craft are doing it because they enjoy the crafting.
This reminds me of the people on wow saying vanilla was the best, no...it wasn't.
[/quote]

Hmm this quote is not really working ...

but anyhow I do not want or prefer vanilla swg .. I never said that .. but there had to be some limits. I love this short shuttle times and will be happy if it is possible to fly directly fromt the city to another planet .. but this is something completely diffrent. Make the living easier is a great thing and increasing xp to but in limits. From my side great lvl TKM 1h Ranger 2h crafter maybe 3-4h but at all maybe a little to much. The campers on Basilik are worse thats true but on the other hand you have a cantina wirh 50 person and meet people everywhere. You maybe had to wait 5 min for a shuttle but there is a shuttleport everywhere. So ther are plus and minus on ervery server. But I can remeber the time where Jedi gring become simple (on an completly other level) und you have them everywhere ... is was so horrible. On the one hand I understand a Jedi had to be something big awesome great but they fucked up the entire gameplay cause they can do everything solo and they did. And be sure than camping come to a new level.
But it is like it is .. I do not wat to complain about the acctual status of the server I like it elsewhise I wont play but if this simplification proceed in the way they did -> I <- do not have tha fun I had in the beginning anymore. But don't say I want to play vanilla ... for sure not .. only if I had to ... nobody like to gring a prof over weeks ... for hours everyday ... but reduce it to 1h is maybe a little to much .. thas all I want to say

SithyWitchy
In-game chars: Kenzi, Kestrell, Kobielle, other Ks lol.

07.10.2017 - 00:11

Im by a long shot nowhere near old but Im also not as young as I was when SWG first came out and I played the 8 years of Live. I now have even more RL responsibilities and stuff going on and honestly dont want to or have the time to spend months and months grinding for one little thing like vanilla SWG was in the day. Sorry but been there and done that on too many toons.

Ive done it on other servers as well. I came to THIS server instead of competing ones at the moment for the ease of the grind and mostly for the ease of getting resources etc for my crafters. Do you know that on the competing server I started on a week before moving here the devs are having to actually sell players resources? Because it is that hard for players on that competing tiny server to get the resources their crafters need. That is so screwed up IMO.

And...this isnt Bas where there are around a thousand players with hundreds having played for years. This is a tiny server with only a handful of active people right now. There is NOTHING to buy on the bazaar. Whole sections are completely empty. I know because I check daily. People are literally coming to visit us and leaving because there is nothing avail to buy. No crafted items, no loot items.

Im sorry but something has to give. If things werent as they are here and if other perks that are already implemented on competing servers arent added here soon then this server has no hope of growing. Not a negative Nancy or any crap like that as I enjoy it here a lot but it is the simple truth. >.< It is meant to be a fun server but it is also competing with powerhouse servers that have TONS of new loot, houses, deco, and so on (all the NGE houses/vehicles/deco/loot and unreleased deco stuff as well as some custom deco content).

The unfort thing is people will go where it is easier to do what they enjoy. I dont want crap handed to me.....but I want to know it is attainable. Obtaining loot especially. I HATE wasting my time. It is a serious pet peeve. I dont mind working for stuff and enjoy ALL of the PvE content in game but I need to know what Im doing and working towards isnt in vain. And Pre-Cu loot drop rates? It is in vain IMO. Drop rates need a serious boost, especially on such a small server where there are only a few people out doing things.

I simply want stuff obtainable in a more reasonable fashion. I want people to have to go kill mobs etc but be rewarded for what they do in game. Rather than 24/7 wasting their time. Upping drop rates wont hurt anything IMO. It will bring more players to the server and will make those here happier because they can actually PLAY SWG the way they want with the items they want/favor. That to me is FUN. Not endless grinding for stuff. I want to PLAY and enjoy my game so I can be social more and grind less.

A last comment is that people shouldnt be forced into doing stuff they dont want to do or dont enjoy simply because NOTHING is avail on the server. Right now they have to get it themselves or not at all. People come to SWG because it is a fun sandbox game where they can play as they want and do what they enjoy. Making that easier on them is what will make the game FUN. And make the server FUN.

That said...I LOVE to deco. Next to loot collecting it is my fave thing to do in game. Can we get some more deco content added soon Mr Admin? :P

Pharcyde
In-game chars: Pharcyde (Guild Leader), Mykal (MAIN)

07.10.2017 - 01:13

A bit of tension in the air...

Mordaci
In-game chars: Kaw'liga

30.10.2017 - 21:04

Still love this server as I am a casual player. I Like that I can jump on and master a profession in a short amount of time. I'm all for keeping the frogs and making "loot" drops simple. I like a lot of other older gamers don't have the time to put forth in spending hours upon hours gaming as we did years ago. Life get's busy and when i jump onto this server it's nice to know that my time isn't being wasted. Keep up the good work Vorgge.

Vorgge
SWGNebula Staff
In-game chars: Vorgge (Admin-only), Copi

31.10.2017 - 23:07

Thanks for your words :). I will keep up the work. At the moment, I badly have some private topics to handle, that’s why I can’t find much time for nebula. But I will do my best to finish update 11 ASAP and find some free time to join you guys ingame.

Thanks to all for still supporting me and my work. You are awesome!!

• Information